Legal and taxation

What is a First Occupation License?

A First Occupancy License (also known as a Certificate of Habitability), is a license issued by the City Council and granted once the construction works have been completed, which allows the buyer to legally inhabit the property.

Evicting a nonpaying tenant in Spain

Having to evict a tenant is a painful thing to have to do. Painful for the landlord as he may be missing out on income necessary to pay a mortgage, or worse still it may be the landlords only source of income....

What is the ITV in Spain?

The ITV (Inspección Técnica de Vehículos) is the Technical Inspection of Vehicles in Spain, and its objective is to guarantee that the vehicles that circulate on public roads have the required safety conditions...

What is a Nota Simple?

A NOTA SIMPLE is a Spanish informative document. It is a succinct extract of the content of the current entries of a property at the registry. 

What is Cadastral Reference?

What you need to know about the Cadastral Reference if you have a property or if you are thinking of buying one in Sotogrande, Marbella or any other place in Costa del Sol... Learn more!

Gibraltar’s inclusion in the Schengen Acquis

With the verbal agreement in principle reached with Spain that Gibraltar will be included in the group of countries covered by Schengen, the jurisdiction will become once more an attractive place for high-net-worth individuals to reside. This of course has benefits for Sotogrande....